Monday, April 23, 2012

And Now For Some Mild Opinions

Its time for more of my Still Wild ranting, done in my usual format, compact, slowly crafted essays which should be read very carefully and not considered humorous or satirical in any way.  As always, I only have strong opinions.  I do not believe in weak anything.  I like my tea strong, I chew my coffee (literally- I eat raw beans; its more manly), and I either hold no opinion whatsoever and you could not pay me to give you one, or I hold one you could not talk me down from with a whole team of ardent and practiced debate dorks.  (Of whom, I am sort of one in that I love arguing, especially on the wrong side.)

It does not matter what the cause, or how right I think you probably are.  I will disagree.  And if halfway through you pull a Bugs Bunny and switch over to my side, I will, without blinking, just badger you from the other position.  I'm like a ferret.  I am designed to chew.  And if you take away every possible chewable thing in view, I will gnaw my own foot off.  I'm going to make a great debate teacher one day.  Once in a rhetoric class (and by once, I mean every day for a semester) I said something so offensive, the whole room just dropped their jaws together.  The religious half were waiting for the lightning bolt to strike me, and the secular half were waiting for our teacher to send me to the principle, where I would be expelled.  It took place one week after 9/11.  By the way, while we are here, for a fun party game cut out some clippings of terrorist statements made about Wall Street Capitalism circa 2001 and comments from middle class and general Americans about the same, circa 2011.  I bet none of your guests can get all the quotes into the right groups.

But I don't do that here.  I'm coming straight from the hip, heart, shoulder, and telling it how it is.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment