Wednesday, October 9, 2013

A long overdue update

So, I am not dead.  Some people apparently wondered if I was.  I only want to say that clearly I do not make this blog a priority, but if you like my writing style and kooky stories and trip reports, I tend to post the better ones over at www.summitpost.org now, under the User Name of "Andrew David".  I am able to post as many pictures as I want there for free.  I still cannot quite find the enthusiasm to pay $25 per year to stick pictures up here on a site very few visit, but when I get a better website up, I may do so again.

I gave up on selling photos for now as I am back in school learning some tech skills for programming Websites.  That seems more profitable, so I am focused right there and will try the photo hobby thing again when I get more spare time.

I work as a trip organizer now with "Backpacker's Anonymous" through www.meetup.com.  My trips are free and they are awesome.  You can come join me sometime for a little social mountaineering.  I do some exploring off trail and a little un-roped climbing still.  One day I want to work as a guide on weekends, so I am getting experience now and making contacts.  I needed some friends anyway and I have no idea how else to make them.  Its been fun. 

I will try listing some stories here with a link to a Facebook photo album of the trip soon.  That remains free for me, and free is a huge feature of blogging as a hobby.  I don't know if that will appeal to anyone, but maybe it will get my quiet little Facebook page humming. 

Wishing great adventures on everyone out there,
Andrew David of "The Still Wild West"

P.S. I deleted several of my old whiniest posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment