Monday, August 27, 2012

Away to Wyoming

I have more Washington photos, but they will have to wait.  I am off for another 3 weeks if all goes well to Wyoming first and then Montana.  I am not sure what I am doing yet in Montana, and will decide that based on how I feel and what the weather is like and what looks good.  All I know for certain is that I am going to the Wind River Range first, and the Big Sandy Trailhead, and then will do the Tetons at some point, hopefully 3-4 peaks there.  I may go back to Glacier, and I may stay in southern Montana. 

My disgusting quest to gain 12 pounds in 10 days so I have weight to lose when I start burning calories like crazy stalled out at about 6 pounds gained, though tomorrow is another day.  I had to stop eating for tonight as I feel sick.  I've been mixing in junk food and good stuff, which is the key to real weight gain.  I know Americans are all wondering: how can I gain weight?  So I will detail that sometime.  I will have to resort to fast food and soda on this next trip.  Drinking water is not going to cut it if I want to come back a Bane and not a skeleton.  So for my very few fans who check this, I should be back on the 16th or 17th of September and I will probably post a few good pictures.  And then I will catch up with my last 3 hikes for Washington, and post a few more to Artist's Point.

This next trip may have to be it.  If I do all I want, that will be over 40 mountains in a 3 month period and that is probably approaching the limit of the human body's engineering, specifically what knees can take without regrettable permanent damage.  And every good thing does stop being fun eventually.  Take care all and enjoy life, and so forth.  If I'm not mauled by a grizzly, I'll have some stories to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment